世界とつながるオンライン英会話 DMM英会話

AI講師ならいつでも相談可能です!

AI講師に聞く

少し高価な工具を買うのか迷っています。って英語でなんて言うの?

最近の便利な工具は、お値段が少し高いです。 購入していつも使うものであれば、すぐにでも買いますが、あまり使わないものなので買うか買わないか迷っています。
default user icon
TAKASHIさん
2019/01/11 18:34
date icon
good icon

1

pv icon

5534

回答
  • This tool is/These tools are a bit expensive. I wonder if it's worth it to buy it/them or not.

  • I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy this tool/these tools. It's/They're a little expensive.

少し高価 = a bit expensive / a little pricey / a bit on the pricy side 工具 = tool/tools 買うのか = whether to buy (or not) / if I should buy it (or not) 迷っています = I'm wondering / I'm going back and forth (over) / I'm trying to figure out Is it worth it? はよく使われています。この表現は、私はそのことをしたら、「結局悔いはないかな」のニュアンスがあります。 ノートの説明の言い方法も教えたいです。 If I would always use the thing that I bought then I wouldn't think twice about buying it, but for something I would rarely use, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to buy it. Not think twice about は、「決まりは決まり」または「よく考えずに何かをする」といういみがあります。
回答
  • I'm debating whether I should buy a tool because it's a little bit expensive.

  • I'm trying to make up my mind if I really want to buy this tool or not because it's a little bit pricey. .

この場合、次のような言い方ができますよ。 ーI'm debating whether I should buy a tool because it's a little bit expensive. 「少し高価な工具を買おうか迷っています」 ーI'm trying to make up my mind if I really want to buy this tool or not because it's a little bit pricey. . 「少し高価なので、この工具が本当に買いたいのか迷っている」 ここの「迷う」は to debate や to try to make up one's mind を使って表現できますよ。 ご参考まで!
回答
  • I'm on the fence about buying a somewhat expensive tool.

I'm on the fence about buying a somewhat expensive tool. 『少し高価な工具を買うかどうか迷っています』 ・be on the fence about 〜「〜について迷っている、決めかねている」 フェンス(垣根)の上に座ってどちらの側に降りるか決めかねている様子から、「迷っている」を表すイディオムです。
good icon

1

pv icon

5534

 
回答済み(3件)
  • good icon

    役に立った:1

  • pv icon

    PV:5534

AI講師なら
いつでも相談可能です!

AI講師に聞く
anchor ranking icon
アンカーランキング
  • 週間
  • 月間
  • 総合
menu icon
メニュー