There's English that I understand easily, and then English that I don't understand at all.
いろんな言い方はあります。
なぜ意味が頭に入る英文と、そうではない英文があるのかが分かりません。
I don't understand why that there's English that I understand right away, but then there's English that I don't really get.
英文がすんなり頭に入って来たり入って来なかったりする
There's English that I understand easily, and then English that I don't understand at all.
分かりやすい英語があって、全く分からない英語もある。
There's easy to understand English, then there's English that I don't understand at all.
大丈夫です。私もアメリカで育って、生まれた時から英語を使っていますが今でも全然わからに英文があります。英語って本当に難しいです。
"Sometimes the text clicks; other times it just doesn't sink in."
「英文がすんなり頭に入って来たり入って来なかったりする」という現象を説明する時、「Sometimes the text clicks; other times it just doesn't sink in.」と言えます。
- "Sometimes the text clicks"
これは「たまに文章がパッと頭に入る」という意味で、テキストが理解できて、それがすぐに意味がわかるような時を示します。
- "other times it just doesn't sink in"
「時には全く頭に入って来ない」という意味で、頭に入る、つまり理解ができない場合を表します。
関連フレーズや単語:
- grasp the meaning (意味を把握する)
- comprehension (理解)
- resonate with (共鳴する、ピンと来る)
Sometimes English sentences sink in easily, and sometimes they don't.
・Sometimes English sentences sink in easily, and sometimes they don't.
「英文がすんなり頭に入ってくる時もあれば、入ってこない時もあります」
sink in(染み込む・頭に入る)がポイントです。
・Some English sentences just click, while others don't stick at all.
「すんなり頭に入る(ピンとくる)英文もあれば、全然頭に残らない英文もあります」